2. Biological and Medical Sciences
3. Chemical Sciences
4. Physical Sciences and Mathematics
5. Earth Sciences
6. Engineering Sciences
7. Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
8. Multi-disciplinary and Other Areas
- Applicant should possess at least a Master’s Degree in any Natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Engineering or Medicine and allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working in a National R&D or Academic Institution in his/her home country.
- The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/her institution confirming that if selected, he/she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 40 years on the last date for submission of application.
- Researchers of Indian Nationality are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the developing countries into India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and other developing countries and create a network for building research collaborations.