Application deadline: April, 30st 2013 or until the position is filled
- will lead research activities in Kenya and is expected to conduct field research for about 4 - 6 months per year,
- will advance methodology in transdisciplinary research,
- will contribute to capacity building through training of PhD and MSc students,
- will support project management (financial, logistic, reporting),
- will coordinate the research activities with other partners in the RELOAD project.
- PhD in agricultural/rural -sociology, -economics, -development or -system science, human or economic geography, organizational behaviour or related discipline.
- Practical experience in (community based) action research, in designing and facilitating learning processes with producer organisations or in value chain development.
- Interest and experience in working with scientists of other disciplines and with societal stakeholders in Kenya (and to a limited extent in Ethiopia and Uganda).
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of German and/or Kiswahili is an asset.
- Very good writing skills, team work orientation and good communication skills.
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Publication list
- Summary of the PhD thesis
- Copies of relevant certificates
- Contact details of 2-3 referees
Candidate screening will start May 1st 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
Contact: PD Dr. Brigitte Kaufmann, DITSL GmbH Witzenhausen at the University of Kassel Steinstrasse 19, 37213 Witzenhausen, Phone: +49 (0) 5542 607 19 (direct)